Purpose of SITE
SITE, a project funded by a Title V grant through May 2015, will serve as a teaching and learning forum for Ventura and Oxnard College faculty. Through on-going leadership training, guided workshops, and collegial consultation, SITE will bring together experts in teaching and learning along with faculty from a variety of disciplines to generate and share ideas, develop initiatives, and implement new strategies to improve student learning and increase teaching effectiveness.
- Establish a more effective partnership between instructional faculty and student support services to increase student success
- Implement on-going classroom assessment techniques to monitor student progress in the classroom
- Apply brain compatible teaching strategies that make it possible for every student to experience engaging, empowering, and successful learning
- Implement effective teaching and learning strategies that support all students, including those with differing learning styles and learning disabilities
- Develop effective and up-to-date computer skills and technical support systems to improve both online and on-ground classes
- Develop transformational leadership techniques to support student achievement